Advancing Personalised Care Congress 2022 Americas
San Francisco, USA
5th - 6th December 2022
COLLECTIVE DATA AND DIGITAL HEALTH
09:00 - KEYNOTE PANEL: The importance of collective data: Conversation on how to truly engage the patient in the new digital age and how we can all profit together
- How the focus on digital patient engagement helps healthcare providers create a greatly improved personalized patient experience from start to finish.
- Imperative for engaging end-users in each phase of digital health design
- Techniques to facilitate better digital health design and implementation.
- Bridging the divide between technology companies, patients, and clinicians regarding effective development and use of digital health
- The need to develop new, scalable and expandable big data infrastructure and analytical methods
- The nature of big data and the role of semantic web and data analysis for generating “smart data”
- How to create a system that makes big data robust and smart for healthcare providers and patients
10:15 - PLENARY KEYNOTE: Building better online patient communities to leverage your experience and data
- Accessing unlimited online opportunity to learn more about diseases, seek and or give assistance.
- Importance of finding and connecting with others infected or affected by the same illness or disease.
- Opportunity to exchange relevant data on their condition, treatment , symptoms, side effects, etc.
- Addressing the challenge of data protection to ‘go digital’
- The fundamental rights to privacy and to the protection of personal data have become more important for the protection of human dignity than ever before.
- Ethical dimension of data processing.
- The need for a new regulatory framework, guaranteeing the rights of individuals.
- Drivers and scale-up capabilities to advance RWD life cycle
- Adopting the best practices and overcoming the associated challenges
- Gauging the progress brought to downstream use by better data life cycle practices.
- Dynamic data strategy agendas that overcome fragmentation and are representative of populations.
- Acknowledging deterioration of public trust in the use and commercialization of healthcare data through transparency and engagement
- Right governance in place for your critical data assets
- Addressing patients on social media
- Looking at issues around bluetooth hacking in medical devices
- How does data security deal with the technical framework of keeping data secure and available?
- How can we protect ourselves?
CHALLENGES & TRENDS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PERSONALISED MEDICINE
- Benefit, risk evaluation and regulatory decision making
- Emerging new clinical trials design
- Use of data derived from several independent studies
- HTAs acceptance
14:45 - PLENARY SESSION: How early-stage clinical research is assisting the progress of the new wave of personalised medicines?
- What are the life-changing potential of personalised medicine in improving health outcomes?What are the role of clinical research in facilitating personalised medicine development?
- Best practices and lessons learned for timely access to the targeted population
- Key factors influencing cost-effectiveness of personalised medicines
- Value-based approach to inform policy decisions about reimbursement and investment in research
- Societal perspective including opportunity costs, such as out-of-pocket patient costs, other indirect
medical costs, also loss of income or productivity
- Importance of individual and public engagements
- New skills for healthcare professionals and novel tools for delivery
- What must be done for the successful implementation of PM in all perspectives?
- The use of health related data
- How to develop sustainable economic models that allow improved therapy, diagnostic and preventive
approaches as new healthcare concepts for the benefit of the public?